There is no build script for MSVC on Windows. Some problems that need to be solved:
- build-script.sh is interpreted with Bash and doesn't work natively on Windows.
- cmake output for clang has some problems.
- To compile the compiler source, clang.exe or clang-cl.exe should be used. The CMake generator option -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" created many *.vcxproj files with unwanted options. They are unknown options such as -w14062 /Zc:inline /EHs-c- and -fms-compatibility. Currently a bash script running on Cygwin is used to patch .vcxproj files (see attachment), but the build process should be performed without this post-processing.
- The command line is trimmed if it is over 8192 bytes.
- The limited command line buffer size was problem when compiling Swift.obj. When generating Swift.obj, the line-directive script is used with full path list of stdlib/public/core/*.swift. It was nearly 15KB size.